Friday, November 14, 2008

Snow At Last

I was getting worried. It's been such a warm, dry autumn I was beginning to wonder if the snow would ever come. Boulder's record for the latest "first snow" was set on November 22, 2003. That's too close to be breaking the record already. Last year we had several good snowfalls in October, and a really fantastic one on Thanksgiving and again on Christmas. It was perfect. But so far this season has been a bust for snow-lovers.

Until this morning, when I awoke to a steady snow that dusted us with 1.1 inches! I was so excited. I put on my favorite flannels, cooked a nice big breakfast of biscuits, scrambled eggs, bacon, milk, butter and spiced preserves. Over a leisurely breakfast we watched the snow come down, and I was about 2 hours late getting to work. What a perfect way to start a Friday.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Brrrr! :) I brought in the plants for the first possible freeze (actually a forecast low of 33F) tonight.

Karma Engine said...

I had to turn the heater on for the first time last night.. it got down to 64 degrees in the house. Brrr indeed!