Sunday, December 14, 2008

'Tis the Season


Finally! We've got a real Colorado December in full swing. With the wind chill, it's -22 F tonight and we've easily had over a foot of snow in the past two weeks. It has really helped bring on the Christmas spirit. That, and knowing I only have four more days of work before I'm off for ten full days for a little Christmas vacation. I'm not really going anywhere. Instead I've got family and friends coming up here for a week of snowshoeing, Christmas shopping and other wintry activities. Of course, if the weather is like this throughout the week of Christmas, I have a feeling that my mom will ensure our primary activity is sitting by the fire with hot chocolate and admiring the snow through frosted window panes.

I love Colorado. Have I mentioned that before?

1 comment:

Beth said...

Minus 22 degrees gets you in the Christmas spirit?! You are a stronger man than I am.

Well, I mean, aside from the obvious. :)

But it's, seriously, always a wonderful thing to see you've found such a perfect happy place for you. Merry Christmas!!!