Saturday, October 10, 2009

A Day in Denver

When I was a kid I was obsessed with dinosaurs. One of my favorite things to do was visit the Houston Museum of Natural Science, or "dinosaur museum" as I called it. After I started driving, I'd frequently go by myself if I couldn't find anyone to go with me.

Today Gerard and I braved the snow and spent the entire day at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. This is our second attempt, but even when we're there open to close we can't take the whole thing in. It's really top-notch and they've got some of the best displays and collections I've seen.

Afterward we stopped by the well-to-do Cherry Creek area and walked around a bit. And just because they're something of a novelty to us anymore, we stopped in the Cherry Creek Mall. And can you believe that Gerard got me 1. into a mall and 2. into an Abercrombie and Fitch and I didn't have one negative thing to say? I just decided what the hell. The world is what it is, and me being mister uptight and negative about all the millions of things I have no control over just doesn't put good energy into the world. Gerard sampled cologne, I got a kick out of the moose head, the canoe and the rumpled plaid shirts while the store blasted gay fabulous dance music, and we both oogled over the young suburban eye-candy.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I am sure that you have been to Dinosaur Ridge then?