Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Holiday Ramp Up

I've got four Christmas trees. They're plastic, but they are incredibly realistic. They stay out year round, which in the mountains of Colorado isn't weird since most of the trees outside my window look just like them. Only bigger. They aren't lit up year 'round. I wait for the snowy season to kick in, and then I light them every night until spring with white lights. They just remind me of winter and how much I love the snow. I will decorate them, but not until after Thanksgiving.

They're on now, and I'm sipping the first eggnog of the season. There's this local dairy that makes the best eggnog in the world, and I'm not just being biased here because they're local. Whole Foods can't keep it stocked and everyone raves about it. It comes in real glass bottles that you have to leave a deposit on and everything. I usually add a little spiced rum which makes it the pinnacle of perfection as far as eggnog goes.

I submitted my final projects tonight and all I have to do now is wait for the final grades to roll in. I'm also registered for spring quarter and I got the classes I needed.

Work has been a little slow lately. It always gets this way around the holidays. People start traveling and no one's really interested in starting big new projects until after the new year.

Most of the weekend snow has melted, though there's still quite a lot on the north faces and other areas that don't get sun all day long. It has really been a gorgeous week.

Next week is Thanksgiving. We're going to have dinner with our friends Christine and Mark (the pickle party hosts) and a lot of other people. It's becoming our annual tradition and we both look forward to it. I'm especially looking forward to four days off - no school, no work, just good 'ol down time.

This Saturday is Boulder's Switch on the Holidays, where Santa throws the switch and Pearl Street and the courthouse light up, as well as the giant star on Flagstaff Mountain overlooking the city. Apparently the city has put up more lights this year than ever before, and they're all the super efficient LED lights. We'll have to check that out.

We still don't have a cat.

That's all I got tonight.

No comments: