Sunday, November 15, 2009

Just Stuff


As you may have seen from my blog post earlier in the day, we got snow this weekend. Today I officially broke out the snow gear: snow pants, gaiters, long underwear, etc. I even dusted off my snowshoes, though they didn't see any action today. I went out for a walk, and it was one of only two times I left the house this weekend. My final class projects are due this week so I spent the majority of my time wrapping them up. I could have submitted them today, but I wanted to sit on them for a few more days and give them one more review with a fresh mind. It'll be nice to finish my first quarter. It'll be doubly nice because I'll have put behind me the one class I most dreaded taking - the one that kicked off my diatribe at the beginning of the quarter. I'm happy to say I've got solid A's in both classes and have no concerns whatever about my final grades. It wasn't even as painful as I thought it would be, and I attribute that to the mental shift that occurred a short time after my rant.

I can't stop thinking about my promotion. I can't believe I can actually afford one of these overpriced Boulder houses now. So I've been looking at houses again. Only now it's more fun because I can seriously consider houses that I'd actually like to live in.

I can't sleep. I can't turn my mind off. I really just want to write but I have nothing to say that I haven't said a million times already. I can say that I'm really looking forward to the holidays this year. I always do anyway, but this year some exciting things are coming up: a positive and significant shift in my financial base and all that that entails, holiday travels, and starting my next quarter which I'm excited about. Oh, and I might be getting a cat.

I'm really a dog person, but I have nothing against cats except litter boxes. The real problem is that I can't have a dog where I'm renting. Gerard recently adopted a fish from the biology department at the University. He set it up in a little bowl on his desk with some gravel, a live plant and a heater. The fish seems to be just as happy as a fish can be I suppose. Gerard even gave it a name, but it's some hybrid Spanish word with a twist of silliness and I can barely say it, let alone spell it. Though I admit it is cute and somehow fits. Anyway it's the first pet I've had in the house in probably seven years. It got me missing the whole pet thing, and I think we could both benefit from something cuddly and furry in the house. I'll need to think on it some more. There's still that damned litter box to contend with.

So now I'm sitting here, sipping on Bailey's as the thermometer plunges toward 13 degrees, and wondering what 2011 has in store for me. It might be just a touch early to be thinking about the New Year but what the hell else am I going to do on a cold Sunday evening? If only I had a cat.

No comments: