Thursday, August 19, 2010

Love

I think nothing in the world can make a spirit soar higher, or crush a spirit more thoroughly than love. It's a funny, funny thing.

I watched a movie tonight called Were the World Mine. I haven't smiled that much or felt that light of heart in quite awhile. It seems like these days I'm more serious that ever. Even my mom tells me to lighten up. I feel myself hardening, distancing myself from people ever more with the passage of time. I'm not sure what's going on. I'm not a huge movie buff, but every now and then I'll watch a movie or read a story that just melts my heart. I smile ear to ear and I feel like the world is sunshine and lollipops. It feels good. It reminds me of things, times, that once were. It reminds me that somewhere buried within all of the dark and terrible things that issue forth from humanity, there is also something lovely and precious beyond words.

--James Earl Jones

No comments: