Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Anticipation


When I was a kid, there was one morning every year that my mom would wake me up at some unbelievable hour in the morning so I could come to the back door and feel the cool night air.  It was the coming of fall and I don't think a year went by when we didn't do this.  I'd always go right back to bed, but it always excited me.  Fall always was my favorite time of year.

I still get up extra early this time of year just to peek outside into the darkness and test the coolness of the air.  But my ritual since moving to Colorado has taken a new form: I now check the weather report multiple times per day until that first report of possible snow appears.  Today was that day.

According to the forecast, we here in Boulder may get our first snowfall of the year Saturday night.  Am I stoked?  Oh yeah.

No comments: