Saturday, October 4, 2008

A New Blog


Do you have any idea how hard it is to get a decent blog address? Dern near everything decent is taken. That doesn't bother me so much as what HASN'T been done with all the good blog addresses. I probably tried two dozen blog addresses, and in 9 out of 10 the person who claimed the address hasn't done a thing with the blog since registering it. Some have been registered and sitting untouched for years. One gal managed to type, "How do I do this?" back in 2006 and hasn't touched it since. Fine, but in the mean time she's wasting a perfectly good blog address!

Anyway, this is my first blog on blogger.com. I'm migrating from iWeb. I'm a big fan of Apple, but their recent transformation of Dot Mac into (I shudder to say this generic, Microsoft-sounding name) "MobileMe" has had some issues. One of them is that I've been having trouble with a few features of the software, and some of my readers have been having trouble viewing photo albums. iWeb is also limited in that it takes some fancy footwork to be able to blog from more than one computer, and even still the computer you blog from has to have YOUR copy of iWeb on it. Several times I wanted to blog but couldn't because I didn't have one of my own computers handy. Also, iWeb pages aren't nearly as Google-friendly as Blogger and I wouldn't mind having more traffic just to see what the 'net can drag in.

I've considered copying old blogs from my iWeb site to this blog, but that seems like a lot of unnecessary work.

No comments: