Thursday, March 26, 2009

Snow Day!

As I mentioned in a previous post, the Front Range is about 19 inches behind on snowfall this year. March, typically our snowiest month, has brought only an inch of snow to Boulder.

Well, we're going to make up for all of that today. Yesterday forecasters said we were in for a mild blizzard today. So far this morning we've had over 6 inches and we're predicted to get up to 19 inches by tomorrow morning. A little further east on the plains could see over two feet. Schools and businesses have closed and I'm curled up on the sofa watching it come down. I'm off tomorrow anyway, so I've got a nice 4 day weekend of doing nothing to look forward to.

I love the snow but it's a bit weird this year. Flowers and trees are blooming everywhere and the days have been warm and spring like for quite some time. It's like going from winter, half way into spring, and then back into winter. But this snow is very welcome. It's a nice wet spring snow and it's bringing a healthy dose of moisture to the plains. Looks like spring is going to be a lot greener than I thought!

No comments: