Wednesday, February 24, 2010

To Everything There Is a Season

A few tidbits of news, for what they're worth:

1. I'm lovin' the gym again. Since I've officially become a philosopher, I've also rediscovered my burning desire to have my arms rip the seams of my shirtsleeves.

2. I buy bananas and I don't care. Yeah I'm still mostly local, but you know, whatever. It's just a banana.

3. I'm taking Mom on her once-in-a-lifetime dream vacation for her birthday in April: Washington, DC. I know it's not all that exotic but she has dreamed of this her whole life (she hasn't gotten out of Texas much.) I've got the tickets, the hotel downtown, and a rough agenda scratched out. I told her tonight and she screamed on the phone. It took her an hour to calm down enough that I felt comfortable letter her hang up. I'm really looking forward to it.

4. I've stopped competing at work. I'm still going to learn some programming because continuing ed is a good thing, but I'm an analyst, not a programmer. I'm not the top analyst, but I get my work done and they're paying me well so I've got nothing to bitch about.

5. I'm buying a new truck. But not yet. The car is great and all, but I'm a truck man. I've already set up a financial plan for getting the ultimate truck, the wet dream of every cowboy or Texan who needs to feel like he's got a ten inch dick. Picture it: 2012 F-350 Super Crew long bed 4x4 Lariat in sterling grey metallic. The new super-clean burning 6.4 liter V8 Turbo Diesel engine (to be introduced next year.) Power everything. Heated leather seats. Navigation system. Towing package. Telescoping mirrors. Cab lights. Heavy duty bumpers, brush guard, fog lights, toolbox, and a whole lotta hell yeah! It's like my last truck, but with no expense spared. Why? Because I can, and because I want it, and that's all the reason I need. Watch out, because when I come home to Texas for Christmas in 2011, daddy's comin' Texas style!

6. Vegans annoy the caca out of me, God bless 'em.

2 comments:

Michelle Elliott said...

LMAO!!!!!! You are TOO funny!! :-D I need for you to make up your mind about the question "Truck or car?" ;-) That's really great about you taking your mom to Washington, D.C. She's gonna have a blast! :-D You're a great son!! Anyhow, take care, my friend. :-) Love ya lots! ~Michelle

Billy Joe said...

I have made up my mind. Truck. That was never really the question though. The issue was me carrying around so much guilt for being alive. This car was "greener" and eased my guilt. But now that I'm not playing that game anymore, I want my truck. Honestly though I still don't regret the trade. The car is great for running down to Whole Foods and I plan to keep it as long as I live in town, even when I get the truck. The car is also zero interest and has a low payment, giving me time to save a huge down payment for the truck I really wanted all along. Ford's new engine comes out this year. I figure if I wait until the second iteration it'll give Ford time to work out the kinks, and give me time to save enough to buy it.