Tuesday, March 16, 2010

It's My Obsession

612 days.

I called the Ford dealer - the one holding my dream Super Duty. I told him that after a long, careful, painful consideration, I would have to decline their best offer. It is the financially responsible thing to do. The Yaris has 3,212 miles on it. I haven't even taken it for its first oil change yet.

My stomach is in knots over this. I am almost completely blinded by my desire to possess this thing. Almost. I have just enough self control to say no, but just barely.

Why bother? Can I afford it? Yes. But even at 0% interest, a $60,000 truck financed for 60 months equals a payment that even I haven't been able to justify. But I have calculated that, if I stick to a strict budget, then on November 18, 2011 I'll have enough cash to buy the truck outright. No financing, no payments, no worries. Hella bargaining power.

612 days.

Of course there are still 20 days left for 0% financing. It's going to be a long 20 days.

No comments: