Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Have a Nice Day

I rescinded my offer on the house. I hated to do it, but it was for the best. The search continues.

I had my annual review today at work. It went really well. We do this thing we call the 360 review, where current and former clients are asked to confidentially report on the employee's work quality. Their reports are submitted to the boss who reviews them and uses it in his assessment of the employees work performance. Apparently my reviews were stellar, and he read a few quotes to me. They almost made me teary eyed they were so nice. Then the boss lavished me with praise. It really makes you feel good when you realize that people really appreciate your hard work, admire your professionalism, and compliment you on your patience and dedication. It's a fantastic way to end a day, especially when it ends with your second raise in as many months.

This week was particularly good at work for other reasons as well. My first publication finally came out, and I snagged a really interesting project analyzing potential sites for hydrogen production and carbon dioxide sequestration. It's always cool to take raw data and produce something entirely new that no one has seen before. It's also fun to see how excited engineers and scientists get when you do a little GIS magic for them.

No comments: