Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I Love a Snowy Night

It's 2AM and I'm wide awake. I'm not prone to insomnia, but I do have a bout of it a few times a year. Maybe it's the snow. For nearly the last month the weather has been clear, sunny and mild, but this afternoon snow clouds rolled in. Flakes started falling around 9PM and there's now several inches on the ground. I always get excited when it snows, especially if it's been awhile.

Maybe it's the holidays. I keep thinking about my upcoming road trip to Texas and how nice it'll be to see family and friends. I love a good road trip, and I'm excited to give my mom her gifts this year. I'm also excited to see Austin again and revisit some of my favorite haunts.

Maybe it's my new toys. I ordered a new photo printer and scanner to do some photo restoration which I've been putting off for a long time. My old printer doesn't print photo quality, and my old scanner is so hopelessly ancient it won't even work with my new OS. Fortunately tomorrow is electronics recycling day at the lab. My packages should also arrive tomorrow and I can't wait to get at them.

Maybe it's my career. Grades were posted yesterday and I got A's in both of my classes. I also got registered for the classes I need for next quarter. I'm kind of excited about it. Work is going well and I sometimes can't help imagining where I'll be in my career next year or five years or ten years from now. Will it involve horses or computers? Don't know, but I suppose I can't really go wrong either way. It's really nice to feel that way.

Maybe it's summer fun. I've been mulling my options for a serious vacation. I'm thinking Spain, summer of 2010. I've got a friend that lives there. Two weeks in Spain with my own personal native tour guide? Sounds fun. Australia? Hawaii? All options are on the table.

Tomorrow is going to suck if I can't get some sleep.

No comments: